- This event has passed.
Sophrology Academy Foundations course
January 23 - January 27
Sophrology is a life-balancing technique for wellbeing which has been widely practiced in French-speaking countries for nearly 60 years. It is a structured method which draws on western relaxation therapy and eastern yoga, meditation and Zen.
Packaged into simple exercises using relaxation, breathing, visualisation and small movements, Sophrology is easy to incorporate into daily life. The aim is an alert mind in a relaxed body, helping with stress, anxiety, depression, insomnia, pain management, burnout, exam and event preparation, sports performance, and many others. Sophrology is covered by a number of health insurers in France and Switzerland.
Would you like to do more to support your clients’ wellbeing using an established mind-body practice?
Do you want to help your existing clients better manage their energy, stress, sleep and overall life balance?
Sophrology Foundations Course
This training is for practicing therapists, counsellors, coaches, nurses, and health care practitioners. It provides an introduction to the core teachings and explores the first two levels of Sophrology. At the end of the training, participants will have an empowering approach for their own personal development, as well as a powerful new tool to complement their practice and enhance their ability to help clients to better manage their wellbeing.
Graduates will receive a certificate of completion and an option to continue to the two-year diploma programme which results in a Sophrology Advanced Diploma from the Sophrology Academy and a Professional Sophrologist Certificate delivered by FEPS (Federation of Sophrology Professional Schools).
See website for course dates and further details or contact us now for more information.
This is a six-day course delivered in three modules over two months. It provides:
- An understanding of the principles, sources and structure of Sophrology
- Dynamic Relaxation Level 1 exercises, focusing on the body, present moment awareness and concentration skills
- Dynamic Relaxation Level 2 exercises, focusing on the mind, the future, and contemplation
- Experience of a selection of relaxation, movement, breathing, visualisation and concentration techniques for yourself and in support of your work with clients
- Knowledge of how Sophrology can be used in support of other therapies and approaches with clients to help with particular needs, including stress management, better sleep, focus, confidence and overall wellbeing
Learning is supported by individual and group practice, online resources and reading material.
Location: London Bridge area
Dates and costs: See website or contact us for dates and costs, payment terms and early bird discounts.
The Sophrology Academy is the very first training centre in the UK teaching Sophrology and training people to become fully qualified and recognised Sophrologists.
The Sophrology Academy is a member of the prestigious FEPS (French Federation of Sophrology Professional Schools), recognised as a school of excellence in Sophrology.